Here's a bit of royalty...


Here's a bit of royalty... a royal python.  This was from my very first all digital book, 'The Smile Shop' by Joy Cowley.  It was done with a mix of Illustrator, drawing with pencil and finished in Photoshop.

It was fun, but a taxing project as I recall... trying to learn how it all worked and create a new art style.  

It's funny that I didn't pursue this line-less style.  I'll have to get back to it someday, since artwork without lines seems to be quite popular.

By John Nez

1 comment:

June said...

Artwork without lines often looks like a form of collage to me. This is fun John, and I bet you have learnt so much about digital since this piece was created, it would be a lot easier for you to do similar work now. Not saying digital is easier - the drawing skill is still needed, it is just that we get to know how it all works.