Bicycle

A couple of bicycle images from a job I did for NHK Television (the Japanese National TV Station) a few years ago. I did a series of large spreads which the camera would pan across, and smaller spots which were inter-cut with puppet animation scenes to illustrate the well-loved French picture-book story Anatole, The story of a Paris mouse who's gourmet nose and genius at selecting cheeses saves the Dupont Cheese Factory (sounds more than a little like a certain recent Pixar film eh!). Anyway, I had to make sure my mice resembled the puppets, so a little different from my usual characterizations.

4 comments:

Phyllis Harris said...

Oui! I love Monsieur mouse!

Leanne said...

I absolutely love the street scene! The houses are so animated, and the trees are scrumptious. So much hustle and bustle.

Marilee said...

I love these, John!

Sherry Rogers said...

He is just wonderful!! Adorable!