New work table


This must seem incredibly mundane to people, but I'm over the moon with the delivery of my new flip top work table. I always wanted one like this but since college graduation have always put up with flat surfaces to work on. Faced by all the challenges of returning to the UK I decided to cheer myself up by investing in at least one thing I've always wanted. I always hated simple drawing boards as paint, pens, references and everything else always rolled off and fell on the floor. This however has the best of both worlds.

Flat side up for general use, or flip the top over to reveal....

with plenty of room on the side for paints etc.

Well I'm still in a cramped apartment obliged to squeeze studio space next to my bed for the moment, but at least I don't have to work on the kitchen table any more!

John

5 comments:

June said...

Now I want one too :o)

Your work space looks so clean and tidy compared to mine! Sigh.... something good to be said for having to minimalise.

Anni Matsick said...

Wow, this combo of table and slanted board is very efficient! Wish I could maintain the neatness and order depicted here.

John said...

Don't worry, it won't stay so neat and tidy for long. I already splashed some black ink on the surface last night!

Andy J Smith illustration said...

Very cool but not nearly messy and cluttered enough!

Ellen B said...

John - I've got the same arrangement...Only mine did not come like that - I made the slanted part myself, hinges and all (one of the very few woodworking projects of my lifetime!) It IS the best of both worlds - keeps your neck from getting cramped and the paints on the table. Enjoy your new table!