Great Goose Egg Auction



Here's a look at the egg I submitted for this year's Great Goose Egg Auction. Even though the deadline to get eggs into their catalog has passed, I think there's still time to get eggs into the auction itself. So I'm planning to do another one this week and send it in.

I am crazy-busy with illustration projects right now, but still needed to take the time to play. So working on this egg was a great holiday from regularly scheduled art specs. (And -- if you haven't already -- you've gotta try drawing and painting on the velvety smooth surface of an egg -- it is glorious fun. You just have to keep a light grip on your working surface, or you'll crush your own art...)

4 comments:

June said...

The colours of the little monsters around your egg are so vibrant and wonderful, this is sure to be a popular piece at the auction.
Good luck, I hope it raises lots of dosh.

Andy J Smith illustration said...

Rock on! Wildly cool! That is gonna ring up some business at the auction!

Amy Huntington said...

Rebecca,

The egg is just GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors and it is obvious you had fun with it!

Sherry Rogers said...

They are just adorable! I love them all. You did an incredible job!