Trailer Mix

I was also inspired by Layne Johnson's trailer and though I had never attempted anything like this before, Sherry's post about the Windows Movie Maker got me looking through my Vista programs and lo and behold there it was. I was fortunate in that a musical score had been created for this book, the international edition of THE MOUNTAIN THAT LOVED A BIRD by a quintet in Japan. This is ironic since we have been unable to find a publisher in Japan since they prefer the paper-cut version illustrated by Eric Carle, design with paper having a long cherished tradition in that country. I took a part of that musical composition and applied some of the text and paintings to come up with this.

3 comments:

June said...

This is really touching Stephen. A lovely tale, beautifully illustrated, and your short movie is a great way to promote it.

Loreen Leedy said...

I must be turning into a softie, but this preview brings a tear to my eye every time. The combination of an inspiring story, beautiful paintings, and perfect music must be the reason why.

Stephen Aitken said...

Interestingly Loreen, when I was initially approached for this assignment I refused it as the 'ask' came from the author who had the international language rights. I rarely work with authors. However when she sent me the manuscript it brought tears to my eyes...though it was not actually sad, just very moving. We had our first publisher within 3 months of creating a few sample illustrations.