Ellie's fan club


This may be silly, but I thought I'd post it anyway, just for fun. Having sent off my finished art yesterday (ahead of deadline, whew!), I spent several hours straightening and cleaning up my studio. And in so doing, I cast my eyes on these little friends of mine, and thought "Aha! Those guys would be Ellie's fan club, playing her favorite music."

My maternal grandmother was born in 1881 or so, and somewhere during her life I know that she spent some time in Germany. I think that is where she got these little musicians, altho I am not sure. She gave them to me when I was a kid - I know I just adored them then, as I loved all kinds of little glass animals and had a little corner shelf in my bedroom where I put them. But these ones were more special than the others (and I have no idea what became of any of the others), and I think my mother must have carefully packed them away when I left for college. Then sometime within the past 10 years or so, I think, they reappeared and I was so delighted to see them again. I'd completely forgotten about them. But here there are, just more of the clutter that surrounds me.

I like to think that Ellie would consider them close, creative kin...

3 comments:

Alina Chau said...

soo cute!

June said...

I am sure our Ellie (PBAA Logo for those who don't know) would happily dance along with these.
Childhood treasures rediscovered are always so special.

salmonowen said...

This brought back wonderful memories of my own collection of glass animals. I have no idea what happened to them! Really cute.