Sunny Yokohama

Greetings blogging breathren! I'm in, late as usual but present in the end.

Ah, all these wonderful posts about pets makes me wish I had one myself. I wanted a cat, but unfortunately the missus is allergic, so in the absence of furry friends all I can offer for now is a view out of my studio window.

I bet you all had visions of me working under a cherry blossom tree in the shadow of some ancient temple eh? Well think again.....



I get a lovely view of the rubbish drop-off for the apartment over the road, but not much else. That green bit separating the lanes of the busy road beyond actually conceals a small riverlet. I don't spend much time gazing over my studio balcony (the one at home has an altogether nicer view), but the inside is a little more conducive to children's illustration. Is it okey to jam the blog with studio snapshots?

John Shelley

4 comments:

farah said...

YES!! Please I hope everyone knows it's okay to post as many pictures as you'd like. We'd all love to see your studio, and especially places you travel daily in Japan. Even the most mundane. It's a window into each others experience.

That goes for everyone!

Liza Woodruff said...

I would love to know how your daily life is different than ours living in the US. Bring on the pictures!

John said...

actually it's not that very much different from studios you might expect to see overseas, it's more like my little corner of England in Japan. But hang on a minute I'll take some pix...

leanne said...

I don't think it is possible to jam a blog! :D It's great to see what it is like there in Japan. Well, I'm less jealous now! Do you have any nonbreathing studio mascots??